Pasture Drill – Tyne, Coulter/Tyne, Disc
The Pasture Drill is designed for direct drilling into existing pasture or establishing new pastures.
Direct drilling is a quick way of upgrading both quality and density.
The John Shearer Pasture Drill is available in four (4) sizes: 10 row- 1.8m, 13 row- 2.3m, 16 row- 2.9m & 19 row- 3.4m.
There are four models to suit all work types:
- Tyne Drill
- Coulter/Tyne Drill
- Disc Drill
- Our new Pasture Drill with Double Disc Openers
The Tyne Drill is generally suited to situations where pastures are being sown into fully cultivated seed beds, or where any existing pasture has been completely removed by prior spray applications. The three ranks of tynes provide excellent ability for trash to pass between the tynes during sowing.
The Coulter Tyne Drill is recommended for use in the improvement of existing pastures where some or all of that existing pasture is intended to be retained. The coulters cut a path ahead of each sowing tyne which minimizes disturbance of existing pasture.
The Disc Drill uses an adjustable breast cut to vary the width of the slot. By cutting a slot just wide enough to sow seed and fertiliser, soil firmness can be maintained, minimizing lost grazing time.
- Clamp-on, fully adjustable spring release tynes & coulter assemblies
- Simple sowing rate adjustment, via ‘wide range’ gearbox
- Easy to calibrate rates, simply attach handle provided to the gearbox and operate the metering system
- Extra large grain & fertilizer compartments
- Adjustable leveling, with high flotation tyres
- Strong sturdy construction and robust design
- Fluted distributors handle a large variety of seeds
- Distributors and rubber gates mounted on aluminium shafts
- Remote greasing facility for grain & fertilizer shaft bearings
- Dual boot adapter; either Baker or Mini ‘T’ boot
- Available in either 3 point linkage or trailing
- In cab electronic hectaremeter
- Extra large sight glass and lid gas struts on grain & fertilizer box
Due to our policy of continuing research, specifications are subject to change without prior notice.