2 Bin (4 & 6 Row) Direct Drills
All purpose drills are easily adaptable to trash farming, minimum til, conventional seeding as well as winter and summer sowing practices. Excellent trash handling ability and depth control.
As grain growers adopt alternative farming practices it is important they retain a flexible position with their machinery. John Shearer have met this need with our versatile range of 4 and 6 row direct drills.
With the direct drill, numerous configurations are available for the operator to direct drill, adopt summer cropping sowing practices, carry out conventional seeding or some-where in between with min-til or trash farming. The addition of cultivating tynes enables a quick and easy conversion from min-til to trash farming or conventional seeding.
When double cups are fitted the delivery of grain and fertilizer can be split for deep banding or placing different material in alternate rows.
Clamp-on coulter assemblies, fitted to the front rows provide another option.
The tyne and underframe are designed to promote excellent trash flow and enhance the machine’s operation in conservation farming.
In the Shearer tradition the direct drills are robust and heavily constructed in the areas that count… and built to last. The result is less down time, for a more efficient and cost effective operation.
A truly versatile machine, John Shearer direct drills provide farmers with a multitude of options for many different conditions and farming practices.
- Proven design for maximum trash flow – Large underframe clearance
- Adaptable for split seed / fertilizer distribution – Double cups optional
- Renowned ‘620’ tyne assemblies – Greater than 113kg (250lb) breakout
- Fluted rollers – Suitable for a wide variety of seed types
- Large wheel equipment – For excellent flotation
- Big capacity grain and fertilizer boxes – Less stops between refills
- Full level lift system – excellent depth control
- Easy to calibrate wide range gearbox – no changing of sprockets or chains.
- Remote greasing for grain and fertilizer shaft bearings
- Gas struts on lid
Due to our policy of continuing research, specifications are subject to change without prior notice.